Answer 11, Ask 11
Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules
2. Answer the questions the tagger asked you, then make 11 new ones (also tag the tagger)
3. Tag 11 people and link them to your post
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.
My questions from apocalypticgal:
- Would you rather have TV or computer (and you can’t watch TV on your computer in this scenario)?
Computer. I’ve spent a few days recently watching tv endlessly and felt empty and alone afterwards. A day on the computer doesn’t really have that same effect because I talk to my friends on it.
- Would you rather have a mountain get-away or a beach house?
Ugh, this one’s too hard! I’m used to having both on my doorstep. I think the beach house because then I could hear the ocean.
- What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
Probably that I’m confident and sociable. I did this when I went traveling and I figured if I was terrible at it, I could just slink back home and no one would ever know I tried. Turns out it’s not that hard. Rewriting who you are is actually kind of fun.
- If you could have a shopping spree in any store, which store would it be?
Harrod’s in London. They have a little bit of everything from food to furniture to clothes to cosmetics, and all high-end.
- What’s your favorite color combination?
Hm. It’s Christmas and I just decorated my tree in red and gold, so I’ll go with those right now.
- Is there a story behind your name? If so, what?
Which name? My tumblr one? Yeah, it’s an anagram of my real name, minus 2 vowels.
- If you woke up surrounded by zombies, what would you do?
Pick up the nearest stick-like object, swing like crazy, and run as best I can. Not going down without a fight, man.
- When is the last time you wrote in a journal/diary?
Does my livejournal count? I wrote the story of my daughter’s birth there, so February earlier this year.
- If you could be one super-villain, who would it be?
LOKI. Loki Loki Loki. Tortured or not, daddy issues or no, the boy knows how to have fun.
- Do you regularly wear perfume and/or cologne?
I sure do! Right now I’m wearing something called Eggnoggin from Haus of Gloi. It’s soft and creamy with a warm halo of nutmeg. I have about 15 scents and I switch them up according to my mood. I have one called Apothecary that smells like the best sort of library, all leather-bound books and a warm spiced-candle scent simmering in the background.
- Who’s your favorite fictional character of any show/book/movie/etc.?
EAMES. I want so much more Eames backstory and continuation it’s not even funny. Or Lyra “Silvertongue” Bellacqua from Phillip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy. There’s a girl who shows real growth, and turns a “fault” (lying) into a strength. She shows how the ability to tell a story can be a strategic tool, and even change the way events are perceived.
And I’m not ask anyone anything because I’m a rebel! I’m also lazy. And I don’t know who I’d even ask since I’m barely even active on tumblr any more.
Science is not the opposite of art, nor the opposite of spirituality - whatever that is - and you don’t have to deny scientific knowledge in order to make beautiful things.
Tim Minchin’s foreword to The Best Australian Science Writing 2013 (via the SMH)
Ugh, Tim Minchin, get more awesome why don’t you?
- dean: i fought my way through purgatory for a year to find you when i could have gotten out any time
- dean: but no homo dude
- dean: oh and i kept your coat for you even when i thought you were dead
- dean: it's not like losing you sent me on a downward spiral of grief and alcoholism or anything
- dean: and i did break through naomi's mind control by telling you that i needed you
- dean: but it's not like it's hard to overcome heaven's control right?
- dean: and the way i pray to you at least once a day even though i never had faith before you
- dean: and the way i need you not because of your powers or how you can help me or sam but because i need support and companionship and just your presence by my side
- dean: completely platonic amiright?
- dean: totally not in love with you or anything i swear
- : :sequel: :
- cas: i rebelled against heaven and my family and all i'd ever believed in in the millennia of my existence until i met you
- cas: no homosexual
- cas: was that correct, dean?
- dean: it's "no homo"
- cas: okay
- cas: once i hid and watched you rake leaves while thinking about how you deserved a better life than i could give you no homos
- cas: when naomi trained me to retrieve the angel tablet she made me practice killing thousands of deans
- cas: because my platonic feelings for you were the main obstacle to my mission
- cas: and then when you were mad at me i went shopping for your favorite beer and porn and toilet paper and almost murdered a shop attendant because they were out of pie
- cas: but i'm sure anyone would do the same
- dean: right um yeah exactly what i've been saying